Thursday, February 23, 2017


Hesarghatta Grasslands - where my heart belongs to....



Grasslands… sounds interesting… that too in the vicinity of a silicon city. Too good to be true???

In fact, most grasslands are located between forests and deserts. About one quarter of the Earth's land is covered with grasslands. They are generally open and fairly flat, and they exist on every continent except Antarctica. Most lie in the drier and less visited portions of a county's interior. Having said all of that, here’s one piece of heavenly land, which is on the outskirts of this traffic laden city. Yes, right next door. Below is my acquaintance with this paradise.



It was wee hour (1 AM) of the last day of the year. The weather was quite chill being the winter month. The atmosphere and the mind were eagerly waiting for the New Year, and we were waiting to finish the unfinish. We started our jaunt with a hot cup of tea at our favorite place. I was a little skeptical as to what to expect. We drove and drove in the dark until we reached our destination. At the very first look, I fell in love with this place. The drive along the road was equally mesmerizing. At every point, I had felt I was at the end of the world till I reached the destination. I don’t think I can pen down the beauty captured by the eyes. That was my first-hand account of this place. That day, I left a part of me there. I think that’s the reason I get attracted to this place every time and the attraction only enriches with each encounter. Since then, I have been a frequent visitor to this place. For me, it has medicinal effects: cleanses my mind, refreshes my mood and all energized to face the world again.




To be more elaborate, this place doesn’t have anything apart from grasslands and neatly lined grown trees. They look like they have been planted with a someone, though it’s not so. The tall green trees are the same throughout the year. They definitely inspire you… You can definitely sit back and relax. There are no specific spots to visit as such. It’s just vast land filled with tons and tons of fresh unpolluted oxygen. Nature lovers will definitely fall in love at first sight.



The sunrise and sunsets are the best here. But would advise not to go for these until you are familiar with the routes. The place is frequently visited by for movie makers. We do have a film institute close by. Also there’s a famous resort just after the grasslands. I would say an ideal place for some peaceful getaway from the chores of the city. A place which will definitely not dig holes in your pockets. 






No comments:

Post a Comment